Call for projects
AMU Gallery hereby announces an open call for exhibition projects to complement the gallery’s program for 2023.
The call is intended for both Czech and foreign artists and curators; applications may be sent both in Czech and in English. Due to the wide spectrum of subjects taught at AMU (The Academy of Performing Arts in Prague) we prefer thematic, curatorial exhibition projects with interdisciplinary overlap, or exhibitions based around artistic research (especially in the field of photography and new media).
The duration of exhibitions in GAMU span from three to six weeks.
Required application materials:
- a detailed description of the project, including visual documentation which takes into account the gallery’s spatial dimensions (max. three standard pages of text)
- a structured CV/bio of the applicant
- brief CVs/bios of the exhibited artists, including a showcase of their work/links to online portfolio
- the exhibition’s budget with proposed additional sources of funding
The projects can be registered electronically until the 31th of May, 2023 at email@example.com
The AMU Gallery provides:
- oversight at the exhibition
- technical support
- graphic processing and printing of accompanying materials (invitations, posters, banners)
- basic PR
- opening night (vernissage)
- some of the production costs (material, installation, de-installation), depending on the gallery’s budget for the given year
The gallery’s blueprint and photo documentation of the exhibition space can be found here
Veronika Daňhelová | firstname.lastname@example.org | +420 603 425 057