AMU Gallery hereby announces an open call for exhibition projects to complement the gallery’s program in 2019.
The call is intended for both Czech and foreign artists and curators; applications may be sent both in Czech and in English. Due to the wide spectrum of subjects taught at AMU (The Academy of Performing Arts in Prague) we prefer thematic, curatorial exhibition projects with interdisciplinary overlap, or exhibitions based around artistic research (especially in the field of photography and new media).
The duration of exhibitions in GAMU span from three to six weeks, and there are a total of three exhibition slots to be filled.
The applications must include:
- a detailed description of the project, including visual documentation which takes into account the gallery’s spatial dimensions (max. three standard pages of text)
- a structured CV/bio of the applicant
- brief CVs/bios of the exhibited artists, including a showcase of their work/links to online portfolio
- the exhibition’s budget with the sources of funding properly listed
The projects can be registered electronically until 22nd April, 2018 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AMU Gallery provides:
- custodial oversight at the exhibition
- technical support
- graphic processing and printing of accompanying materials (invitations, posters, banners)
- basic PR
- opening night (vernissage)
- some of the production costs (material, installation, de-installation), depending on the gallery’s budget for the given year
Contact person: Eliška Žáková | email@example.com | +420 732 699 498.